For me dreams are so fascinating
when I wake up one of my favorite things is to think back on my dreams I had or try to remember If I even had one at all, but do are dreams really mean something? or do we actually forget are dreams or don’t have dreams every night? I believe by reading and interpreting your dreams you can discover things about yourself, such as what your brain is trying to tell you, or what you really want in life.”I do know that dreams are useful in therapy,because they harbor clues to the psychological issues and conflicts in a person’s life.”
I believe our dreams tell us what were afraid of and what we truly desire. The meaning of your dreams is really what you interpret it to be, but there are a lot of books and dream meaning guides that claim to know the meaning of certain elements of the dream. So I decided to go online and do my own research to figuring out what my dreams may actually mean and here is a little of what I found:
- Water related dreams can mean you feel overwhelmed or unsupported by your loved ones
- Vehicles tend to mean you’re worried about the direction your life is taking and where you’re going
- Being trapped means you might need a change or a fresh approach to your life. Look for another job or think about going on a small holiday.
- Teeth falling out is all about your power and usually means you’re feeling subconsciously repressed or controlled. It can mean you really WANT to leave a job, but you’re feeling trapped or like you can’t for some reason.
- Money in a dream is all about your self-worth and how much you think you’re worth as a person
- Sex tends to mean you have a DESIRE for more sex or better sex with your current partner. It can also mean you’re growing as a person and feeling more in tune with nature and your true self.
- Falling is a dream symbol that means you’re thinking about letting go of something you’ve been holding onto for a while now. It could also mean that no matter how hard you’ve tried at something, you keep failing at it and you need to let it go.
- Being cheated on shows a lack of trust or security in your relationship and can mean you’re not confident in yourself.
- Being late or lost symbolizes your lack of faith in your timekeeping abilities and also a lack of faith in your own ability to get things done.
- Car crash dreams are common and usually mean you’re in a conflict with someone close to you and it needs resolving.
- Being pregnant (for girls) can either mean you ARE pregnant, or you’re growing as a person and want to develop further. Dream symbols like this are often very simple.
- Finding an empty room in a dream can mean you’re searching for something that you just can’t seem to find. It could be a new area of your life you want to explore, or a new type of relationship, but you’re searching for something.
- Your innermost desire this is a very personal dream symbol and is different for everyone, but it’s one of the most commonly dreamed about symbols!
- Walking or running in place is about your pack of power and strength. Running in place means you’re trying as hard as you can to move forward in life but something or someone is holding you back!
- Lots of water can mean you’re over your head or in lots of financial trouble. It could also symbolises stress or the feeling of having LOTS of big responsibilities.
- A film you’ve seen is often day residue and means you’ve been thinking about the film a lot during the day.
- Paralysis dreams often cause the dreamer to become panicked and stressed in the morning. The meaning is the same as the teeth falling out meaning
I read about so many other meanings as well and even picked up some books from the library, I was able to get a better understanding of why im having certain dreams and it helped give me a better understanding. One thing that happens to me often Is I have the same dream over and over and it repeats itself, so i finally decided to look up online what that means and this is what it said:
Why Do Dreams Recur?
Dreams reflect a dreamer’s feelings, thoughts, unconscious drives, and unfinished business, and allow a dreamer to gain further personal insight, which allows them to further process and resolve issues from their waking life. Dreams and dream work can be a powerful tool for personal growth and goal achievement.
Recurring dreams, whether they are pleasant dreams or nightmares, are very significant to the dreamer. Dreams can recur for many reasons. The most likely reason is that the message and purpose of the dream was not received by the dreamer and the issue it highlights is not only unresolved but is not being addressed and is being ignored.
Recurring dreams often turn into nightmares when the dreamer continues to ignore something important in their waking lives. This issue will wait for the dreamer and will not go away, despite the dreamer convincing him/herself that it does not exist. The nightmare is an extreme version of the dream content screaming for the dreamer’s attention.
Lately these past weeks I have been having these random recurring dreams that are pretty funny and they seem so real, but the best part about my dreams is that “I’m staring in the orange is the new black” now this is obviously because I have been beng watching all the old seasons on Netflix. And lately I’ve been literally waking up tripping out how realistic these dreams are getting lol. “pretty funny and random right” im literally in a straight orange jump suit in prison and im best friends with “Chapman” lol I wonder how lucky all be able to keep having these dreams and feeling like a star lol.
I also have this dream that has continued for so many years since I was in high school It’s pretty weird I have it randomly and I never understand why I have it but it’s always very short and blurry. Im in this neighborhood and the homes are really old and are beautiful big Victorian style with lots of vines and Im like in another time or something, Im looking for my family trying to find them but im lost and no one will help me find them.Sometimes even in the dream I can feel my self crying and all wake up and be out of breath and think why do I have this crazy dream.I read online and it said : To dream that you are crying signifies a release of negative emotions that is more likely caused by some waking situation rather than the events of the dream itself.Your dream is a way to regain some emotional balance and to safely let out your fears and frustrations. … You can no longer suppress these emotions.
I think more than anything I realised im just kind of a weirdo and have some random crazy dreams lol. But I do think its extremly interesting to do some research on the meanings behind your dreams & maybe you will try and do the same.